The information on the following pages relates to applications made for Student Loans before September 2012 only.
Student loans are available to eligible full-time UK and EU students studying one of the following Higher National Diplomas:
- HND Business (Management)
- HND Business (Accounting)
- HND Business (Marketing)
- HND Business (Human Resource Management)
Eligible students will receive a Student Loan of £3,375 per year. An upfront payment of only £125 per year will be made by the student directly to Williams College.
How To Apply
To apply please follow these steps:
- Enquire about a course
Phone: 0207 583 9222
Visit us: Thavies Inn House, 5 Holborn Circus, London, EC1N 2HB
- You will be booked in for a consultation with one of our Admissions Officers.
- During the consultation you will be told about the courses that are available on the scheme, the loan and how it works including repayment, course duration and class times.
- An offer letter is issued upon admissions criteria being met. If you are happy to proceed, a £125 cash deposit is taken to secure your place on the course and directed to the student loan application procedure through: http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk
Please note: Cash deposit is fully refundable should the application NOT be accepted.
- You will then wait for the loan application to be processed. When you receive your acceptance letter from Student Loans you will need to bring this with you when you enrol.
In order qualify for a student loan as a student from England, you will need to meet all of the residence requirements. On the first day of the academic year in which the course starts, you must:
- be a UK national or have 'settled status' in the UK (under the terms of the Immigration Act 1971)
- be 'ordinarily resident' in England
- have been 'ordinarily resident' in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for the three years immediately before starting the course - and not wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education
Full information about UK students' eligibility is available here: http://www.direct.gov.uk
As an EU national, or a family member of an EU national, you can generally apply for a Student Loan if:
- you will have been living within the EEA (European Economic Area) and/or Switzerland for at least three years when you start your course, and
- your main reason for being in the EEA and/or Switzerland was not to receive full-time education
If you or your parent, guardian or partner were temporarily employed outside the EEA and Switzerland for all or part of the three-year period, you may still qualify for help.
Full information about EU students' eligibility is available here: http://www.direct.gov.uk
EEA and Swiss Migrant Workers
You may qualify for EEA or Swiss migrant worker status if all the following apply:
- you are a national of an EEA country or Switzerland
- you are working in the UK
- you will have been 'ordinarily resident' in the EEA and Switzerland for at least three years when you start your course
You may also qualify if you are a family member of an EEA or Swiss migrant worker in the UK.
Full information about EEA and Swiss Migrant Workers eligibility is available here: http://www.direct.gov.uk
Children of Turkish Workers
If you are the child of a Turkish worker, help is generally available if all of the following apply:
- you're the child of a Turkish national who is ordinarily resident in the UK, and who is, or has been, lawfully employed in the UK
- you will have been 'ordinarily resident' in the EEA, Switzerland or Turkey for at least three years when you start your course
- you will be resident in the UK on the first day of the academic year in which your course starts
Full information about the children of Turkish workers' eligibility is available here: http://www.direct.gov.uk